The environmental impact of oysters, in one photo
The water in both tanks came from the same source. The one on the right has bivalves. Not only do oysters naturally filter the waters in which they live, they can even protect humans from destructive hurricanes. For more, read about New York’s efforts to bring back oyster populations in the once-toxic Hudson River.
Delicious AND helpful. Who knew?
(photo via Steve Vilnit on Twitter)
☽☽☽ Giveaway Time! ☾☾☾
This is a giveaway to celebrate my 100th sale on etsy :) Here’s the lowdown:
- Follow me ► HoneyThistle
- You’re only eligible if you’re a follower
- Reblog this post with all the original text - one reblog per day
- No giveaway only blogs
- Winner will receive a Fox Terrarium Necklace, valued @ $60 CAD
- Must be 18 or older or have parent/guardian permission to enter
- Must be ok with giving a physical address for the prize to be shipped to
- This contest is international :)
Giveaway ends on October 31st 2014! The winner will be chosen using random.org, and announced on November 1st. This giveaway is not affiliated with or sponsored by Tumblr.
Thanks for all the support so far everyone, and good luck!
I’m running a giveaway over at my shop blog :) Enter if you like cute jewelry ^_^